CML: An Initiative of TATA TRUSTS
As an Initiative of the Tata Trusts, CML imbibes the larger vision, values and goals of the Trusts, carrying along with it, its core competence in capacity building, linkage and facilitation. Currently CML intensively focusing in the states of Manipur, Assam, Tripura, and regions of Meghalaya.
Current approach is to base the interventions on:
- Integrated Cluster Development approach in the identified clusters.
- Layer themes in the existing cluster in a phased manner.
- Work collaboratively through strategic partnerships.
- Build on linkages and collaborations and up-scale emerging models.
Thematic level Strategy is to work towards
- Yield enhancement, supplementing rural farm incomes through allied activities working across the value chains to generating gainfully employment in the rural areas. Encourage rural youth to engage in enterprise mode involvements.
- Generating job opportunities in the urban areas through skill training, capacity building initiatives and micro-enterprise promotion.
- Stress on quality of education & attainment. Enable equal opportunity for progression, popularize IT and other technologies for learning, employability and enterprise.
In the long run address health as a component of livelihood enhancement. Focus on malnutrition, child & maternal health, water borne diseases & Malaria.